Other than Indian nationals, all visitors to Bhutan require a visa; all visas are issued from Thimphu; visas are only issued to tourists booked with a local licensed tour operator, directly or through a foreign travel agent. Applications for tourist visas are submitted by the tour operator. Visa clearance from Thimphu must be obtained before coming to Bhutan. Visa clearance takes at least 10 days to process. Air tickets to Bhutan cannot be purchased without visa clearance. At your point of entry the visa will be stamped in your passport. Visas are issued for a 15day period; extensions can be obtained in Thimphu at a cost of Nu.510.
Visa Application: Your visa has to be approved prior to air ticketing and your arrival in Bhutan. Once you are ready to confirm your tour arrangements we will apply for your visas. We will need all of the following details.
01: Your full name (EXACTLY as it appears in your passport) First, Midde and Surname
02: Permanent address
05: Passport number
06: Date of issue and expiration of passport
07: Date and place of birth
08: Telephone Nos
09: Passport has to be valid for another 6 (Six) Months from your date of departure from Bhutan
11: Scanned copy of your Passport
Your Bhutan visa will be stamped in your passport only when you arrive in Bhutan. Bhutan Visa Fees of US$ 40 per/person which you need to wire together with your Airline and Tour Payment to Happy Bhutan Adventure in advance to process your Bhutan Visa and purchase Druk Air tickets.
- Tours specified in the itinerary.
- Accommodation in Govt. approved 3* Hotels on twin sharing basis.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- Tea and Snacks.
- Mineral water.
- Comfortable transportation with driver within Bhutan.
- Trekking equipment like best sleeping tents, dining tents, kitchen tents, toilet tents, mattresses, and sheets.
- Services of fluent English speaking guides.
- Trekking cooks and trek assistant.
- Supply of pack animals.
- Museum and monument fees.
Price dose not include:
- Visa fee of US $ 40 per person.
- Travel insurance.
- Rescue operations by helicopter.
- Transfer and services outside Bhutan.
- Wire transfer fee for transferring tour payment from your bank to Bhutan.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Drinks/Alcohol / Beverages
- Laundry Services
- International Telephone Calls / Internet
- Souvenirs/ Gifts
- Tips for Guide / Driver / Trekking Team
Tour programs and airline tickets (if applicable) booked with Happy Bhutan Adventure and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follows:
a) More than 30 days before commencement of tour program: No charge
b) Within 30 days: 50% of Druk Air ticket
c) Within 21 days: 50% of Druk Air ticket & 10% of the tour cost
d) Within 14 days: 50% of Druk Air ticket & 15% of the tour cost
f) Within 7 days: 100% of Druk Air ticket & 30 % of the tour cost
g) Less than 7 days or cancellation without notice: 100% of Druk Air ticket & 50% of the tour cost
h) After arrival in Bhutan: 100% of Druk Air ticket and the tour cost
There is no charge for delays in arrival and departure because of weather conditions disrupting flights or road blocks. The tourist must however bear the cost of food, accommodation, transportation, and other services required.
Tour payment must be sent four weeks prior to date of arrival in Bhutan and visa is cleared by the Royal Government of Bhutan subject to advance payment only.
For high seasons, it is advisable to remit payment for Druk Air flights 8 months in advance. It will help us to manage confirmed seat Once the trip is confirmed we will send you the instructions for making payment.Your payment is inclusive of both the tour cost as well as your Druk Air ticket. If you would prefer to make the payments for your tour and airfare separately, we can accommodate t please be aware that you may incur additional banking fees for multiple transfers.
The Tour payment can be remitted by Telegraphic/Electronic transfer to the account of Bhutan National Bank and CITI BANK in New York mentioned below
Please note that ALL tour groups in Bhutan are subject to the following payment procedure. Please be assured of confidence and security when using this payment method. Basically, it requires these steps:
- Go to your bank and ask to make an International Bank Transfer. They will have the forms there- so take a print out of the banking information below.
- They will send the US Dollar amount through to a bank account maintained by Bhutan National Bank in New York with a note to transfer to Happy Bhutan Adventure.
- Keep a receipt – and email it to Happy Bhutan Adventure via to firstname.lastname@example.org